abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XHTML Content
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:39:55 GMT
Currently...

...when the Content and Text objects are set to type "xhtml", when I
call getValueElement(), the Div object is returned.

...when the I call getValue(), a text string is returned that contains
the wrapper non-content "div".

...when I call setValue(...), the string that is passed in must already
contain the wrapper div.

In short, Abdera currently expects the application using Abdera to do
the right thing with the XHTML content rather than taking care of those
details.

The question is over whether or not that is a correct behavior (e.g.
should content.getValue() not return the wrapper div).  I'm fine with it
not given that we can still get to the Div via the getValueElement() method.

- James