abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Retroweaver and jdk 1.4.2
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:04:24 GMT
Ok, so I've been playing around with retroweaver for producing the JDK
1.4.2 compatible build and it appears to be working beautifully so long
as we stay within a reasonable subset of the new Java5 features. Given
that, so far, we're only using generics and iterable, we're safe.  It's
also very fast and can be easily incorporated into the build.  The
license is such that we can include it in our svn with appropriate
license/notice files.  There is an additional runtime dependency for
1.4.2 builds.

I propose that we go ahead and incorporate retroweaver into our build.

- James