abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Goals for initial release (was Re: release schedule)
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 04:26:22 GMT

Stephen Duncan wrote:
> On 6/20/06, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
>> On 6/20/06, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'd say the goals for M1 are pretty simple...
>>
>> > produce a stable, reasonably functional impl for folks to start working
>> > with.  Where "reasonbly functional" means it implements the RFC4287
>> with
>> > no obvious gaps.
>>
>> That makes sense to me, although one question to think about here is
>> how stable the parser/object model API will be at this point.
>
> Since RF4287 doesn't specify anything to implement, can we be more
> specific here?  (Yeah, I know, I'm a smart-mouth...)

Sections 1 through 8 :-)

> Reading & writing XML documents conforming to RFC4287?  Is validation
> in scope for the first release (I'd say not)?

1.  Parsing Atom Feed and Entry Documents.
2.  Serializing Atom Feed and Entry Documents.
3.  Full support for all Atom constructs and elements
4.  Relative URI support
5.  Text, HTML and XHTML Text construct support
6.  Text, HTML, XHTML, XML and Media (inline base64
    and referenced) Content support
7.  Extension elements and attributes
8.  Digital signature and encryption support
9.  Preserve complete XML infoset
10. Incremental parsing
11. XPath support
12. I'll come up with a more extensive list a bit later this week :-)

- James