abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject JDK 1.4.2 backport
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:46:39 GMT
Current Abdera depends on a number of Java5 features.  However, I've
purposefully limited those dependencies to ones that are easy to
backport to 1.4.2.  There is a definite demand for a 1.4.2
implementation.  One of the key reasons I would like to keep the parser
and core branches as stable as possible is so that we can maintain a
1.4.2 branch that is periodically sync'd with the trunk.  For each
milestone, we would make both the Java5 and 1.4.2 versions available.

By the end of this week, I should have the first 1.4.2 backport ready to
go.  What would be the best way to maintain the backport in the svn?

- James