abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>
Subject Re: Abdera Wiki [not-need anymore]
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:54:06 GMT

Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 6/17/06, Gav.... <brightoncomputers@brightontown.com.au> wrote:
>> I'm not really a fan of Wikis in this scenario.
>>
>> We have Jira (or will have) for patches, proposals etc and those
>> Contributing doc enhancements can also put them on Jira for someone
>> To review and commit. There is a website to put this information and
>> Guides, how-tos etc, it could get confusing for users, where do they
>> Go for upto date accurate info, the Wiki or the Website. It can be
>> Cumbersome to maintain, just maintaining the website and keeping it
>> Upto date in terms of code changes and howtos will be a big job, no need
>> To have to keep a Wiki updated also.
>>
>> SVN and Jira work well together, keeping good track of issues and
>> patches,
>> Doc changes etc. It would make sense to have contributions, whether docs
>> Or code be put up as a Jira Issue instead.
>>
>> That said, other projects seem to manage ok with both, so I'm not against
>> It, just not a fan. My 2 cents at this stage as an observer, a bit too
>> Early for me to join in really.
>
> I'm also not seeing a real need for a wiki at this point, although if
> people want one then we can certainly look at getting one set up.
>
> -garrett

Since not many are interested, it would be unwise to create one because
it won't get updated. I think Jira + SVN will definitely be enough to
get us organized, especially at first. I was just throwing the question
concerned with non-committers, but then again they can submit patches
through Jira on whatever.

-Elias