abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Build options
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:39:16 GMT
There are several ways of building the code.

1. With Maven.  I am positively clueless when it comes to maven and I'm
not sure if the current build still works.  I know for a fact that at
least one or two of the tests will fail due to dependency version
issues.  It would be excellent if we could get a maven expert to review
the build and ensure it works

2. With Ant.  The java/trunk/build module contains the ant script.  From
the trunk root, first invoke ant -f build/build.xml download to pull
down all of the required dependency jars, then invoke ant -f
build/build.xml dist to build the dist image.

3. With Eclipse.  From within eclipse, check out each of the following
as projects.  Do not worry about the project type for now:

   * /java/trunk/build              project name: build
   * /java/trunk/core               project name: core
   * /java/trunk/dependencies       project name: dependencies
   * /java/trunk/docs               project name: docs
   * /java/trunk/examples           project name: examples
   * /java/trunk/parser             project name: parser
   * /java/trunk/server             project name: server
   * /java/trunk/security           project name: security
   * /java/branches/snell_sandbox   project name: snell_sandbox

  Then, from the eclipse workspace root, invoke
    ant -f snell_sandbox/eclipse/setupeclipse.xml

  This will copy all of the necessary eclipse project files over to
  the appropriate projects in the eclipse workspace.  Restart your
  eclipse workbench and all of your projects should be ready to go.

  Note: the security module will contain compile errors due to missing
  XML Security jars.  To build and use that module, you'll need to
  download the Apache XML Security and the Bouncy Castle Crypto
  implementation.

- James