abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graceful handling of non-atom 1.0 feeds
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:00:18 GMT
The parser will actually parse any arbitrary XML document.  Try the
parse without the generic, e.g.

Document doc = Parser.INSTANCE.parse(...)

doc.getRoot() will return an instance of ExtensionElement rather than
Feed.  This would be the right way of parsing in the case you're not
exactly sure what you're point at.  You can then do an instanceof to
determine if you ended up with the right thing.

The NPE sounds like a bug.  That shouldn't happen.

- James