abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial Repository Layout
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:44:09 GMT

Martin Cooper wrote:
> [snip]
> Well if everyone else agrees with you, I hope someone at least will
> create a
> Maven POM for the project, so that your users can easily build with Maven,
> even if you decide not to.

While I personally prefer ant, the initial check in will contain Ant and
Maven builds (thanks to Stephen Duncan), as well as instructions for
building in Eclipse (the Eclipse project files will not be in the
repository).

> And I trust that your Ant build will retrieve all of the dependencies from
> their remote locations for me, so that I don't have to waste my time
> locating and downloading each one manually. Maven, of course, has that
> functionality built in, no extra charge. ;-)
>
> I do hope everyone will seriously consider what they would be giving up by
> not using Maven though.

At this time, at least for the project website, I'm not convinced we
need all of the extra benefits provided by Maven.  If, any some point in
the future, static html proves to be unmanageable, it's relatively
straightforward to convert the XHTML over to xDoc.  I'll even volunteer
in advance to do the conversion.

- James