abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial Repository Layout
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:46:24 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> That layout works for me.  It's very close to what I already have in the
> image I'm preparing to check in.
>
> Question: should we have contrib and sandbox folders in there at the
> same level as trunk/tags/branches?  I'd personally prefer to keep those
> things separate from the main code.

What is the difference between a 'sandbox' and a
branches/paul-is-trying-something-crazy?

I don't see much reason to not just use branches/ for that purpose.

Regarding 'contrib' type things, unless there is a reason not to,
shouldn't they be included under trunk?

> Also, I've just been working on some simple static HTML pages for the
> project website (I've yet to actually see any time and energy savings
> from XML-to-(X)HTML processes.  Of course, I can always do the
> xdoc/maven thing if y'all prefer that instead.

I don't prefer the maven thing at all.

Ant+anakia might be okay, but simple static HTML is fine with me :)

-Paul