abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Now that the code's in
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:17:22 GMT

Just to add my little bit,

I am a Forrest Dev (in case you wondered where I popped up from) and also
Do little bit in Lenya.

It may just be these projects, but it seems to me that the layout of the
Repository here is a little weird.

I mean, why have two trunks ? , Can the website not be part of the same
trunk, it would make for easier maintenance and deployment in the
Future, ease of use and readability for users etc also.

Also, I don't think that anything above 'trunk' (either one) should be
Available to the general dev/user community. Not a good idea to let
Everyone loose with branches etc.

Instructions should then be put on the website that devs/users can download
The latest SVN from 'Trunk', not root.

New users might like to see

'svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/abdera/ > abdera' as it is
Currently on the website so they don't have to run off and find the
appropriate command. If it were reorganised into one trunk this would be

'svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/abdera/trunk > abdera'
And would contain both the java and site trees in one, but all branches
And other unneeded files/directories would be ignored and reserved for
Only committer use. Otherwise I reckon 'svn revert' will become someones
Best friend.

The snell_sandbox, is this for everyone to play with ? If so an idea
I bring from Forrest etc is the Whiteboard, call it the Sandbox if you
Like, but is housed not in a branch, but as a sub-dir of trunk, that
Way everyone gets to play, add there own whiteboard/sandbox sub-projects.
Eventually they either get deleted or merged into the core, or a plugin,
whatever.

Just some observations that may or may not fit in with the needs of this
Project.

Gav...