abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Abdera Wiki
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:02:38 GMT
I'm not really a fan of Wikis in this scenario.

We have Jira (or will have) for patches, proposals etc and those
Contributing doc enhancements can also put them on Jira for someone
To review and commit. There is a website to put this information and
Guides, how-tos etc, it could get confusing for users, where do they
Go for upto date accurate info, the Wiki or the Website. It can be
Cumbersome to maintain, just maintaining the website and keeping it
Upto date in terms of code changes and howtos will be a big job, no need
To have to keep a Wiki updated also.

SVN and Jira work well together, keeping good track of issues and patches,
Doc changes etc. It would make sense to have contributions, whether docs
Or code be put up as a Jira Issue instead.

That said, other projects seem to manage ok with both, so I'm not against
It, just not a fan. My 2 cents at this stage as an observer, a bit too
Early for me to join in really.

Gav...