abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Unit Tests in Maven
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:54:46 GMT

I guess there are those that haven't really used SVN before ?
If not there will be in the case of future users/testers/devs.

It would make sense to add some basic SVN commands to the website in
Appropriate places so they don't have to keep disappearing elsewhere
To find commands, just a thought.

e.g. -

diffs should I think be created from root/trunk so the pathnames are
preserved, ensuring no confusion as to which file is being addressed -
some files in different trees have the same name.

svn diff foo.xml > foo.xml.diff will create a good patch but then the
committer needs to locate its origin.

svn diff /java/trunk/foo.xml > foo.xml.diff works better

svn diff /java/trunk/ > trunk.diff also for multiple file diffs combined.

Gav...