abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven Repository
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 00:15:36 GMT
On 6/16/06, Stephen Duncan <stephen.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:

> To allow people who use Maven to easily use Abdera, they need a Maven
> repository to point to that contains Abdera.  This would also make
> building Abdera easier, as they could build only the subprojects they
> need, while retreiving SNAPSHOTs from the Abdera repository.

Yep. That's The Maven Way. ;-)

So I'm suggesting someone look into what other Apache projects do for
> SNAPSHOT repositories (where/how), as well as (for the future) the
> final repository where syncing to the central Maven repository can
> occur for releases.

Here's what you want to add to the POM for deploying snapshots:

    <distributionManagement>
        <repository>
           <id>apache-maven-test-builds</id>
           <name>Apache Maven Repository (Test Builds)</name>

<url>scp://people.apache.org/www/cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository</url>
        </repository>
    </distributionManagement>

For full releases, I've seen some recent discussion around a new location
for releases of incubating projects, so we should leave that until we're
closer to needing it.

--
Martin Cooper